|By Maureen O'Gara||
|December 13, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
CloudVelocity emerged from stealth mode Wednesday with a new name, a $5 million A round from the Mayfield Fund, and a hybrid cloud automation platform meant to entice the enterprise to push its multi-tier application into the scary public cloud as a seamless extension of its private data center.
It claims it can do it safely and without modification or performance degradation. Heady stuff if true.
Mayfield Fund managing director Navin Chaddha goes further and claims, "CloudVelocity will have the same impact on public cloud adoption as VMware did on the adoption of server virtualization by making public clouds look like internal data centers." Mayfield incubated the start-up for the last couple of years.
The money is earmarked for product development including cloud cloning, migration and cloud failover solutions.
CloudVelocity, which was known in stealth mode as Denali Systems, is offering a public beta of the widgetry at www.cloudvelocity.com.
It says the beta trial of its Developer Edition cloud cloning software lets users clone multi-tier app clusters and services into Amazon's EC2 cloud.
The beta of its Enterprise Edition lets users clone, migrate and failover multi-tier apps and services into EC2.
The software is based on the company's patent-pending One Hybrid Cloud (OHC) platform.
The widgetry is supposed to let the enterprise seamlessly discover, blueprint, clone and migrate complex, distributed, multi-tier applications between data centers and public clouds. It says the result is full server, networking, security and storage integration with AWS.
It plans to integrate other public clouds next year.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks