|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 12:15 PM EST||
Modulo, a leading provider of IT governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions, announced today the launch of its first International Executive Customer Conference on December 13th in Washington D.C. and a line-up of prominent speakers including a keynote by Lt. General Kenneth Minihan, USAF, former Director of the National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). Featured speakers include Chris McClean of Forrester Research and Modulo International Customer Advisory Board (CAB) members from AIB Banks, BC Hydro, Enbridge, FMC Technologies and Pennsylvania State University.
The conference brings together CISOs and thought leaders in a collaborative forum to discuss trends and challenges in Cyber Defense, Critical Infrastructure Protection, GRC and Data Privacy.
Modulo will also host a private film screening of the highly anticipated movie “CODE 2600" by director Jeremy Zerechak. One of the most provocative films on the history of hacking and the human impact of the Information Technology Age, “CODE 2600” is described by Forbes Magazine as “the best hacker film you haven’t seen (yet) and features IT security luminaries such as Bruce Schneier, Jeff Moss, Jennifer Granick, Marcus J. Ranum. To watch the official movie trailer click here (http://www.code2600.com/).
The conference builds on the Modulo International CAB formed earlier this year. This dynamic group of chief security officers, risk officers and information technology executives from global enterprises spanning North America and EMEA in a broad range of industries bring real-world insights into the security threats, regulatory demands and operational challenges facing today’s enterprise environments.
“We are honored to bring together this community of industry luminaries. Their innovative approaches for applying cybersecurity and integrated risk management technologies to improve business processes and risk postures offer invaluable strategic guidance and are helping to shape the global landscape for GRC,” said Sergio Thompson-Flores, CEO for Modulo.
Who: Keynotes and Featured Presentations include:
- Lt. General Kenneth Minihan, USAF, former Director of the National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA): “Cyberdefense Strategies: Combining security operations and risk management technologies for effective cyberdefense and critical infrastructure protection”
- Doug Powell, Manager, SMI Security, Privacy & Safety, BC Hydro: “GRC for critical infrastructure protection: Case study”
Chris McClean, Principal Analyst and Research Director, Forrester
Research, Inc.: “The present and future of GRC” followed by a
panel discussion with:
- Mark Freed, Director of Global IT Security, FMC Technologies
- David Moule, Irish Banks (AIB), Information Security Assurance Manager
- Vitaly Sokolov, Director Information Security, Enbridge
- Sarah Morrow, CIPP, GISP, Chief Privacy Officer, Pennsylvania State University: “Data Data Everywhere: Privacy Perspectives; an Inventory Conundrum and a Compliance Nightmare”
What: Modulo International Executive Customer Conference
When: Thursday December 13, 2012, 1:00pm-5:45pm (Dolley Madison Ballroom Lower); networking reception and film screening from 5:45pm-8:00pm (Montpelier Room)
Where: The Madison Hotel, 1177 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20005, (202) 862-1600
RSVP: To attend the event or film screening please contact Leslie Kesselring at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modulo is a leading global enterprise provider of comprehensive Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management solutions. Modulo’s award-winning Risk Manager™ provides hundreds of organizations worldwide with the tools they need to automate the entire GRC management process to monitor, manage and sustain adherence to policy and regulations while reducing enterprise risk and complexity. Customers span the financial, health care, retail, telecom, power & gas and government sectors and include BASF, BC Hydro, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Microsoft, New York University Medical Center, Synovus Financial, and Schlumberger. Modulo Risk Manager has earned “Best Buy” and “5-Star” ratings in SC Magazine’s 2011 and 2012 risk and policy management group product review and is the winner of the 2011 & 2010 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Award, 2010 Network Products Guide Product Innovation Award and 2011 & 2010 SC Magazine Excellence Award Finalist.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher