|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 09:11 AM EST||
Red Bend Software, the market leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1.6 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, announced that LG Electronics has chosen Red Bend’s vRapid Mobile® firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updating software and vDirect Mobile® device management software for its new Optimus G smartphone.
Since its launching period, the Optimus G has received rave reviews from domestic and overseas consumers and industry insiders. Developed under the collaboration with many LG affiliates, the Optimus G is mounted with Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro. Its features include LTE support, a 4.7-inch, 1280x768 True HD IPS Plus display, 2GB RAM, 32GB built-in storage, 13-megapixel autofocus camera and a 2100mAh battery.
A Red Bend customer since 2005, LG has partnered with Red Bend to make its mobile devices continuously better by providing the easiest, fastest and safest over-the-air software update experience. Currently, more than 100 LG mobile phone models are Red Bend-Enabled.
Adopted by more than 80 mobile operators and device manufacturers, Red Bend’s vRapid Mobile is the cornerstone software in more than 1.6 billion mobile phones and connected devices used to provide new features, applications and operating system updates. vRapid Mobile is the most trusted FOTA solution because it ensures 100 percent completion of software updates, even if there is a loss of power or network connection.
“LG Electronics was our first customer in Korea and we are delighted that our strategic relationship continues to grow. As one of the first mobile device manufacturers globally committed to over-the-air software updates, LG continues to demonstrate it has a comprehensive understanding of what mobile customers want. We are excited that Optimus G customers around the world will benefit from receiving the latest features and software improvements directly to their phones, thanks to Red Bend,” said John Seo, Country Manager of Korea, Red Bend Software.
Several innovative technologies are at the core of Red Bend’s vRapid Mobile, making it the industry’s leading, most comprehensive FOTA solution. With vRapid Mobile, Red Bend customers can reduce costs and generate additional revenue through:
- Fastest and least expensive download of FOTA updates based on patented delta-update technology
- Minimal memory requirements needed to resolve complex “write before read” issues so that firmware can be updated without additional costly memory, based on Red Bend’s patented exe.diff and “in place” technologies—ensuring the fastest updates in the industry
- Updating firmware in the background while the mobile device is fully operational, enabling consumers to talk, text and play without disruption while getting the newest firmware version
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances. With 117 operations around the world, LG achieved global sales of USD 49 billion (KRW 54.26 trillion) in 2011. LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solution – and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About Red Bend Software
Red Bend® Software, the leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1.6 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, makes mobile devices and services continuously better in a rapidly changing world. Red Bend is the only company that provides standards-based products and solutions for software management, device management and mobile virtualization that work on any mobile phone and connected device uniformly, efficiently and securely over the air. Red Bend enables its customers to stay competitive in a fast-moving market by helping them deliver high-value services on an increasing number of connected devices with growing software complexity. More than 80 leading device manufacturers, mobile operators, semiconductor vendors and automotive companies worldwide trust Red Bend with their most important assets—the mobile and connected devices their consumers depend on.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher