|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 09:05 AM EST||
HOPKINTON, Mass. and AKRON, Ohio, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC today announced a new partnership with Knotice aimed at increasing the speed and performance of analytics and reporting for Knotice's customers, while also providing the scalability needed to match Knotice's rapid growth trajectory for data management.
- The Knotice solution, which previously ran on Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise, will now be powered by the EMC Greenplum Database, enabling Knotice to accommodate a virtually unlimited volume of data. Other products used include EMC DCA for storage area security and EMC Data Domain for rapid data backup and recovery.
- Knotice's migration to the Greenplum platform represents an aggressive investment by Knotice in the proliferation of data that will result in much greater capability of Knotice's data management and digital marketing offerings, allowing marketers to do more with their site-side and web-wide data even faster.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it is joining forces with Knotice, a provider of data management, analytics and digital messaging solutions, in order to increase the speed and performance of actionable analytics and reporting for Knotice's customers, while also providing the scalability needed to match Knotice's rapid growth trajectory for data management. The power, speed, flexibility and effectiveness of the Greenplum data solution will also improve the overall efficiency of Knotice's Universal Profile Management system, accelerating processing times to seconds for audience selection and analysis.
The Knotice solution, which previously ran on Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise, will now be powered by the EMC® Greenplum® Database—a massively parallel processing (MPP) database built to support the next-generation of Big Data warehousing and analytics, and capable of storing and analyzing petabytes of data. As a result, Knotice now has the capacity to accommodate a virtually unlimited volume of site-side and web-wide data. Other products used include EMC DCA to deliver a fast loading, highly scalable, data co-processing platform for Big Data analytics and EMC Data Domain® for rapid data backup and quick recovery.
Now nearing completion, Knotice's migration to the Greenplum platform represents an aggressive investment by Knotice in the proliferation of data that will result in much greater capability of Knotice's data management and digital marketing offerings. These advanced capabilities will allow marketers to do more with their data even faster.
"We are delighted to be partnering with Knotice in what is sure to be a game-changer for their customers," said Michael Howard, vice president of marketing, a division of EMC. "The Greenplum platform will allow Knotice to easily scale while introducing unmatched performance gains for managing vast amounts of site-wide and web-side data on behalf of its clients. Audience selection queries for their end-users will take seconds instead of minutes, and their product offerings will evolve to provide greater strategic value to their customers, thus making for stickier partnerships and more robust business growth."
"This partnership with Greenplum allows us to support the data intake initiatives of our customers in terms of data storage and overall efficiency of processing," said Brian Deagan, CEO and co-founder of Knotice. "Our legacy solution has done the job for us as we grew from start-up status, but it's time to upgrade both our performance and capacity. Greenplum is a perfect fit for us as a partner, not just because of its faster, higher performing and more flexible data warehousing product, but also because of its viability, product roadmap, cultural alignment, and commitment to and treatment of its customers."
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Greenplum
- Visit Datastream, the Official Greenplum Blog
- For the latest industry news, research, webcasts and use cases covering big data, analytics, and the data scientist community visit the Greenplum Industry Buzz
Knotice (pronounced "notice") is a leading provider of data management, actionable analytics, and digital messaging solutions with offices in Seattle and headquarters in Akron, Ohio. Our on-demand marketing software and agency services help marketers maximize the ROI of their addressable digital marketing—digital communications that are addressable to an individual. With our proprietary platform, Knotice pioneered the ability to seamlessly unite customer data, analytics and message delivery—all from a single profile-based platform. In addition to technology, Knotice provides a comprehensive offering of marketing services, including strategy and planning, agency-style creative services, custom development, analytics, advanced reporting, and business intelligence. For more information, visit: http://www.knotice.com.
About Greenplum, a division of EMC
Greenplum, a division of EMC, is driving the future of Big Data analytics with breakthrough products that harness the skills of data science teams to help global organizations realize the full promise of business agility and become data-driven, predictive enterprises. The division's products include Greenplum® Unified Analytics Platform, Greenplum® Data Computing Appliance, Greenplum® Database, Greenplum® Analytics Lab, Greenplum® HD and Greenplum® Chorus™. They embody the power of open systems, cloud computing, virtualization and social collaboration, enabling global organizations to gain greater insight and value from their data than ever before possible. Learn more at www.greenplum.com
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
Greenplum, Data Domain and EMC are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher