|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 07:48 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. EST
Online, with free registration
With a growing number of Internet subscribers and higher broadband penetration, the increasing demand for non-voice traffic (such as data and video streaming) places tremendous pressure on the communication industry, which has issues in limited and licensed bandwidth. Wi-Fi technology, above it all, has emerged as the most popular solution for wireless Internet traffic, as it is inexpensive, unlicensed, pervasive and widely adopted. Furthermore, this technology has transformed from a convenience service offered in coffee shops and hotels into a rugged, scalable and resilient carrier-grade network service. Additionally, growing smartphone adoption has made it more critical for operators to verify a good end-user experience; clearly supported by a growing operator interest in Wi-Fi performance test solutions.
The emergence of these highly technical and complex technologies creates a large number of opportunities for equipment vendors from a test and measurement prospective. The focus of this presentation will be to discuss and analyze the various types of test equipment and technologies that are likely to advance the growth of the Wi-Fi test equipment market.
Why you should attend:
- Learn about Wi-Fi technology and cellular offload
- Explore the drivers and challenges in demand for Wi-Fi testing
- Discover the size of the test equipment market for Wi-Fi
- Find out about Wi-Fi performance test for smartphones
Frost & Sullivan Communications Test & Measurement Program Manager Olga Yashkova-Shapiro
"The 802.11 ac, also known as 5G Wi-Fi standard, incorporates the latest technologies from the 802.11n standard to provide higher throughput. It is expected that 802.11ac products will first enter the residential markets by the end of 2012. Products will soon emerge in the enterprise and carrier-grade Wi-Fi markets. This will introduce a new set of test equipment to address the performance and testing of 802.11ac products. Currently 802.11ac testing equipment is being used in the R&D testing phase by companies, although in the near future, more equipment will be needed in the quality assurance, manufacturing and other field tests."
Azimuth Systems Senior Marketing Manager Erik Org
"Today's data subscribers expect a consistent use experience regardless of whether data is delivered via 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi. More operators and device vendors are thus looking at Wi-Fi performance solutions for smartphones, as well as mobile hotspots in order to benchmark Wi-Fi performance of their devices and ensure a seamless experience and customer satisfaction."
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Measurement & Instrumentation practice, please visit: http://www.measurement.frost.com
- To attend the briefing, email firstname.lastname@example.org your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks