|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
Holiday Travel of America is a recognized leader and standard-setter in the incentive travel industry. However, due to limited IT resources, the company needed to increase efficiencies with automated manual IT asset management processes, such as software patch management, in order to ensure maximum application performance for users.
Holiday Travel of America deployed the BMC FootPrints solution from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to achieve this goal, while improving efficiency and ensuring software license compliance.
“In addition to helping me perform more efficiently, BMC tools also enable me to leave users alone while I work through patch, license and support issues,” said Shane Harris, system administrator at Holiday Travel of America. “I can operate in the background to provide the help that users need without interrupting their work.”
Harris added, “It’s good to know we’re working with a company that’s dedicated to making sure its solutions work well and is willing to jump in when unusual circumstances occur.”
Holiday Travel of America needed to accelerate and automate manual patch management processes to maximize application performance and maintain security. The company also required accurate tracking of software usage to ensure license compliance.
Holiday Travel of America deployed the BMC FootPrints solution to meet these objectives and centralize management processes as well as record keeping. It eliminated manual patch management and obtained accurate, up-to-date records related to software use.
With BMC’s FootPrints solution, Holiday Travel of America achieved important benefits. The company was able to:
- Reduce asset management and patch time by 30 percent
- Reduce the risk of poor application performance due to delays in patch deployment
- Ensure software license compliance
- Provide better service to end users due to increased efficiency
For more information on Holiday Travel of America’s implementation and the BMC FootPrints solution, please:
- Read the full Holiday Travel case study
- Access the BMC FootPrints community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCSoftware and @BMC_FootPrints on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Business runs on IT. IT runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. Tens of thousands of IT organizations around the world -- from small and mid-market businesses to the Global 100 -- rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives with the broadest choice of IT management solutions, including industry-leading Business Service Management and Cloud Management offerings. For the four fiscal quarters ended September 30, 2012, BMC revenue was approximately $2.2 billion. www.bmc.com
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software, Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 2012 BMC Software, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London