|By Marketwired .||
|December 12, 2012 07:30 AM EST||
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced the latest release of SolarWinds Virtualization Manager with feature enhancements and attractive per-socket pricing designed to help IT pros maintain the health and performance of a VDI environment.
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager is a comprehensive virtualization management software solution that delivers integrated VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V 3.0 performance monitoring, capacity planning, VM sprawl control, configuration management, and chargeback automation, helping to alleviate user pain points around troubleshooting, downtime and resource utilization across server, storage and desktop systems.
- Virtualizing desktops affords IT organizations greater control including centralized administration, ensuring a secure environment and meeting compliance requirements. For end users, a VDI-supported environment allows for greater convenience with the freedom to have access to their personalized workspace at different locations and times.
- Given a VDI environment's shared resources with the data center, virtual desktop loads have more peaks and are more transient than virtualized servers. IT pros have to be vigilant monitoring the environment and proactive anticipating growth before it happens to avoid impact on the end-user experience and business-critical data center applications.
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager consolidates VDI data into a single pane of glass for quick and easy monitoring of VDI performance issues like boot/logon storms related to storage I/O bottlenecks, CPU, memory contention and more.
"With SolarWinds' competitive per socket pricing and comprehensive set of features, Virtualization Manager is the most affordable and powerful virtualization management software solution in the market built for IT pros to manage environments in the early stages of virtualization to large-scale data center deployments," said Denny LeCompte, VP of product management, SolarWinds. "With this latest release, customers can now monitor both their data center and VDI environments from the same management solution."
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for SolarWinds Virtualization Manager starts at $2,995 USD (up to 8 sockets) and includes one year of maintenance. For more information on SolarWinds Virtualization Manager or to download a free 30-day evaluation, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2179129
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher