|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 06:01 AM EST||
BiTMICRO announced today that it has completed the first production units of its maxIO PCIe SSD, its new enterprise-class solid state drive.
MaxIO SSDs feature BiTMICRO’s recently announced Talino™ Architecture which integrates their Quad-Core Talino™ ASIC, delivering 400,000 random 4KB IOPS on a single controller. Talino handles data processing without wasting critical server resources.
“These first maxIO SSDs begin BiTMICRO’s entry into the enterprise market,” states Zophar Sante, VP of Marketing and Sales. “For over a decade we have designed and manufactured SSDs for highly demanding defense and industrial customers. We’re leveraging our experience with mission-critical applications to deliver new feature-rich, high performance and extremely durable SSDs to the enterprise.”
“Other suppliers have created their own definitions of an ‘enterprise SSD,’” says Rey Bruce, BiTMICRO CEO. “We developed maxIO to set a higher standard. The enterprise SSD market is expanding rapidly and customer expectations for cost, performance and capacity continue to climb. MaxIO SSDs are designed to meet the new requirements of today, and address the needs of the future.”
BiTMICRO’s initial maxIO product release will be a full height, half-length PCIe solid state accelerator using eMLC flash, allowing it to scale up to 4.5 TB of flash. The company plans to offer SLC and MLC flash in the future, and will follow up with the release of maxIO PCIe Low Profile and maxIO 2.5-inch SAS SSDs.
BiTMICRO has designed its maxIO line of SSD products for virtualization, tiered storage, high performance computing, business intelligence, and other enterprise applications. MaxIO PCIe SSD comes equipped with patented flash management, data recovery technology, full data path protection and its patented PowerGuard® power failure backup technology and advanced security features.
BiTMICRO®, a privately-held California corporation with a multi-national presence and over 270 employees worldwide, was founded in 1995 and is a leading developer and manufacturer of flash-based SSD (solid state drive) technology, products and solutions. BiTMICRO uniquely uses its own patented technology and has been shipping SSDs for over 10 years. BiTMICRO products are reliable, durable, low energy and space efficient. BiTMICRO is best known for delivering the extreme performance and data integrity required for all enterprise, industrial and military environments. Today, BiTMICRO products are available as SSD products or as embedded technology. BiTMICRO is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA and has subsidiaries in the Philippines and India.
To learn more please visit: http://www.bitmicro.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London