|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 05:09 AM EST||
- Participants need to focus on product customisation, ease-of-use and reliability
LONDON, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the main cause of death in the EU, killing over 2 million people annually and costing the economy nearly €192 billion. Prevention, through constant monitoring of heart health, is seen as the best way to tackle this high death rate.
The most accurate way of monitoring heart health is through cardiac marker testing. Regular monitoring of cardiac health through brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) testing is being practiced across Europe, thereby boosting the cardiac marker testing market.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://www.healthcare.frost.com), Analysis of European Cardiac Biomarkers Diagnostics Market, finds that the market earned revenues of about $607.9 million in 2011 and estimates this to double to reach $1,216.0 million in 2018. The research covers acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and congestive heart failure (CHF) biomarkers diagnostics.
The increasing role of cardiac markers in patient triaging is further boosting market expansion. Effective implementation of cardiac markers can enable decreased bed occupancy, reduced hospital costs and physician time.
"Cardiac markers rank among the best available tools to assess the patient's status," notes Frost & Sullivan Senior Research Analyst K. Srinivas Sashidhar. "For instance, in cases where a test is positive for certain markers, especially cardiac troponin, this would indicate a heart attack. Subsequently, the appropriate treatments and interventions could be administered."
Due to the urgent nature of myocardial infarction, commonly known as a heart attack, healthcare practitioners have to obtain rapid results for immediate diagnosis and treatment. This need for quick turnaround times has fuelled interest in point-of-care (POC) cardiac testing.
As these trends accelerate market development, saturation will pose a key restraint, especially for the troponin testing segment.
"The troponin testing segment, which now constitutes about a third of the cardiac marker testing market, has reached saturation," explained Sashidhar. "It is expected to grow slowly, especially in lab-based testing, with growth likely to be mainly through POC testing."
To sustain market momentum, participants need to develop customised solutions. Multi-menu options for cardiac tests and products that meet market needs, paralleled by alliances with pharmaceutical companies to develop better targeted, therapy-oriented solutions, will keep the market on a growth trajectory.
"Companies need to develop monitoring systems with sufficient product differentiation features to stay competitive," concluded Sashidhar. "Regardless of the test solution, ease-of-use and reliability will be essential to sustain growth."
If you are interested in more information on this study, please send an email with your contact details to Anna Zanchi, Corporate Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Analysis of European Cardiac Biomarkers Diagnostics Market is part of the Life Sciences Growth Partnership Service programme, which also includes research in the following markets: Western European In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Market, Strategic Analysis of CEE IVD Market, European Point of Care Testing Market and Global IVD Market. All research included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher