|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
RICHARDSON, Texas, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, GlobeRanger announced iMotion Stratus, the cloud-based version of its award winning iMotion Edgeware Platform. It delivers the features of the proven iMotion server-based platform from the cloud, easing deployment and enabling global capability. Stratus provides a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) avenue for companies to begin utilizing RFID technology without the upfront costs of RFID software and the servers to run it. It allows for economical small initial deployments with ability to scale up as needed. Deployments can scale from a single location to thousands of locations globally.
iMotion™ Stratus™ complements GlobeRanger's premise-based iMotion Edgeware Platform and Edge Controller platform. Stratusintegrates seamlessly with iMotion server-based and network appliance-based deployments to allow the best-suited technology for the specific application to be used, whether an on-premise server or cloud-based. It utilizes the same configurable application and solution accelerators as the server-based iMotion platform. The configurable applications enable quick deployment of solutions from the cloud including shipping/receiving, asset tracking, and perishable goods tracking.
New initiatives based on the Internet of Things, the Industrial Internet and Big Data are now fully enabled with the complete iMotion™ family of products. iMotion™ sits at the intersection of Information-in-Motion, Inventory-in-Motion, and Infrastructure-in-Motion. David South, VP Solutions and Support, said, "iMotion Stratus completes a vital part of GlobeRanger's vision of global processes, data mobility, and machine to machine communications to manage the Internet of Things. The iMotion family allows data and processes to reside on a mobile device, a network appliance, an on-premise server, or on the cloud."
GlobeRanger is a leading global provider of end-to-end enterprise edge solutions and professional services to support RFID, mobility, and sensor-based solutions. Its innovative Edgeware™ platform, iMotion™, provides the critical infrastructure layer for managing devices, networks, data and processes at the edge of the enterprise, enabling real-time visibility and response. Founded in 1999, GlobeRanger is headquartered in Richardson, Texas. www.globeranger.com.
SOURCE GlobeRanger Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks