|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 10:50 PM EST||
TORONTO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Not only do people love to talk on their smartphones, they also love to talk about them; what models they own, what they're doing with them and, of course, all the nifty apps they're using. And where better for smartphone users and consumers to talk about their smartphones than in social media, where the whole world can hear the good, the bad and the ugly? To determine which smartphone gets the most and best social buzz, Sysomos, the industry leader in social media monitoring and analytics software, has focused its second Industry Insider report on the smartphone market.
The latest Sysomos social media report examines conversations in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada from June 1 to August 31, 2012 and compares social mentions of iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Windows. Statistics and trends provide an inside look at the smartphone industry and reveal how each brand fared in the social media arena across different demographics and social platforms.
- iPhone leads the number of conversations in blogs, online news and forums. However, when it came to Twitter, Android had the most amount of talk, barely edging out the iPhone with a mere 1,768 mentions.
- The United States talks about smartphones the most, followed by the United Kingdom and then Canada.
- iPhone gets talked about the most in social media with 6,215,118 mentions, accounting for 60% of the overall share of voice. Windows Phone has the least with 2%.
Men talk far more about smartphones in social media (both in general and about specific brands) than women.
"Industry Insider: Smartphones" is the second in a series of Sysomos Industry Insider reports that focus on high-profile topics illuminated by social media monitoring. Sysomos uses its Media Analysis Platform (MAP) and Heartbeat platforms to collect, monitor and analyze data from blogs, Twitter, social networks, forums, wikis and major news sources and then translates the data into compelling graphics that provide valuable brand insights. By seeing what customers and influencers say about their brands and learning where discussions take place and why, companies are able to engage with people in new and different ways. This outreach builds stronger relationships and enhances customer loyalty, which ultimately leads to more successful business results.
Quote from Sheldon Levine, Sysomos Community Manager
"We all know that smartphones have become a huge part of modern life. We also see people talking about them all the time and going crazy whenever new ones get released to the public. That's what makes this data so interesting. We can actually see which smartphones get people talking the most, but also what issues about the phones really resonate with people."
Sysomos, a Marketwire company, brings business intelligence to social media, providing instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations to quickly see what's happening, why it's happening, and who's driving the conversations.
Through the use of contextual text analytics and data mining technology, Sysomos collects data from blogs, Twitter, social networks, forums, video sites and major news sources.
Our products give you the ability to quickly discover the tone of the conversations and identify sentiment by gender, age and location.
PDF Attachment Available: http://www.sysomos.com/campaign/insider02/Sysomos_IndustryInsider_Smartphones.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2179753
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks