|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 08:04 PM EST||
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sutter Health announces the appointment of Stephen Nolte as chief executive officer of Sutter's recently announced health plan, currently in development. Nolte, 52, begins his role December 31.
Since 2010, Nolte has served as principal vice president for health and human services consulting for OptumInsight (formerly Ingenix Consulting). In his consulting role, Nolte helped lead Sutter's health plan-related preparation and research activities over the past several months. This included overseeing the health care network's August application for a Knox-Keene License with the California Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC)—the first step toward the creation of a health plan.
"I'm honored to accept this position with Sutter Health and look forward to further guiding the development of a locally-run health plan that will provide consumers and employers with superb service and access to outstanding doctors and hospitals at competitive rates," said Nolte.
After being licensed by the state, Sutter Health expects HMO products would first become available in the greater Sacramento and Central Valley regions in 2014. Sutter Health will also seek the DMHC's approval to extend the HMO's service area to other parts of Sutter's service area. Sutter Health expects to begin marketing products in the fall of 2013.
An experienced leader in the health care industry, Nolte has served in general management roles for several large health insurance and managed care organizations for nearly three decades. Prior to joining Ingenix in 2007 as a senior executive, Nolte operated a successful consulting practice specializing in interim leadership for organizations in transition. He previously held key positions with United Health Group, Equicor health plan and subsidiaries, Pacificare Health Systems and Coventry Health Care in the Carolinas and Florida.
"Steve's background in driving operational rigor, strategic growth and operational efficiency makes him the ideal leader to build and introduce our health plan to the communities we serve," said Peter Anderson, Sutter Health senior vice president for strategy and business development.
Nolte earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management from the University of Oklahoma.
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers share resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California's top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women's and children's services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
SOURCE Sutter Health
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London