|By Marketwire .||
|December 11, 2012 07:55 PM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Aegis Therapeutics LLC announced today that it has been awarded U.S. Patent No. 8,329,220 providing proprietary compositions for absorption-enhancing self-assembling aqueous hydrogels useful for extended release, transdermal, or transmucosal absorption enhancement for peptide and small molecule drug delivery applications. The Aegis Hydrogels serve simultaneously as both delivery vehicle and absorption enhancer. In dermal applications, these hydrogels immediately absorb into the skin with no sense of any residue remaining. In sustained release depot applications, unlike current depot matrices which require large gauge needles for delivery resulting in significant and unnecessary patient discomfort, the thixotropic nature of these gels allows liquid-like flow through fine-gauge needles (28 gauge or 31 gauge) with resumption of the stable gel form immediately upon exiting the needle.
The company is seeking licensees for prescription and OTC applications of the Aegis Hydrogels.
About Aegis Therapeutics
Aegis Therapeutics LLC is a drug delivery technology company commercializing its patented drug delivery and drug formulation technologies through product-specific licenses. Our Intravail® drug delivery technology enables the non-invasive delivery of a broad range of protein, peptide and non-peptide drugs that can currently only be administered by injection, via the oral, buccal, and intranasal administration routes, and with high bioavailability. Our ProTek® excipients stabilize, prevent aggregation, and reduce unwanted immunogenicity of protein and peptide therapeutics while avoiding the oxidative damage caused by polysorbate surfactants currently found in most protein injectable drugs.
For more information about Aegis, please visit: http://www.aegisthera.com.
Chief Business Officer
Aegis Therapeutics LLC
1-858-618-1400 Ext. 102
Email: Email Contact
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks