|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 07:07 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ann Godoff today announced that The Penguin Press will publish Mark Halperin and John Heilemann's DOUBLE DOWN: Game Change 2012 in fall 2013. Godoff made the deal with Andrew Wylie at The Wylie Agency and HBO has optioned the rights to the book. HBO's film "Game Change," based on the authors' book of the same name about the previous election, won five Emmy awards earlier this year and was one of the most viewed original movies in the network's history.
In making this announcement, Godoff said: "John Heilemann and Mark Halperin re-invented the campaign narrative with GAME CHANGE. Their new book DOUBLE DOWN will, of course, break news; but, more importantly, it will create the lasting story of the 2012 race for the presidency."
Upon publication in 2010, GAME CHANGE debuted on the New York Times bestseller list at #1, where it stayed for seven weeks. The book went on to become an international bestseller and was widely hailed as the definitive account of the 2008 campaign.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children's trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Berkley Books, Dutton, G.P. Putnam's Sons, New American Library, Penguin, Philomel, Plume, Puffin, Riverhead Books and Viking, among others. The Penguin Group is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.
SOURCE Penguin Group (USA)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?