|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 05:12 PM EST||
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- IT employment was essentially flat in November---ticking up only modestly over October's numbers.
According to TechServe Alliance, a collaboration of IT services firms, clients, consultants and suppliers, the number of IT jobs grew by 200 jobs in November to reach a level of 4,185,600. Except for the modest dip in September, IT employment has grown every month this year and is up 2.66% on a year-over-year basis.
"While IT continues to outperform most other sectors of the economy, it is not immune to the broader macroeconomic trends," said Mark Roberts, the CEO of TechServe.
"With near universal agreement that demand for IT professionals will remain strong for the foreseeable future, I am extremely bullish that IT employment will return to a more robust growth trajectory once the pervasive uncertainty dissipates," added Roberts.
For complete November 2012 IT Index please visit: http://www.techservealliance.org/pressroom/documents/IndexReleaseDecember2012-MBR.pdf
About TechServe Alliance
TechServe Alliance is a collaboration of IT services firms, clients, consultants and suppliers dedicated to advancing excellence and ethics within the IT services industry. Hundreds of IT staffing, IT solutions and IT consulting firms and tens of thousands of affiliated professionals, count on TechServe Alliance to keep their leadership informed, engaged and connected. TechServe Alliance serves as the voice of the industry before the policymakers and the national and trade press. By providing access to the knowledge and best practices of an entire industry and tapping the "collective scale" of hundreds of companies, TechServe Alliance supports its members in the efficient delivery of best-in-class IT services for clients and exceptional professional opportunities for every IT consultant.
SOURCE TechServe Alliance
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?