|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 12:19 PM EST||
DENVER, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. (www.Atkins.com), a leader in the weight management category, today announced the launch of its new Atkins Carb Tracker App. The free mobile application for Atkins™ dieters features comprehensive tools including a robust food search, daily meal planner, progress tracker, dining-out guide with restaurant finder as well as an overview of each phase of the Atkins plan and acceptable foods lists. In addition, the application is fully integrated with all the online tools available on Atkins.com.
"Our new Carb Tracker App is a response to the overwhelming request from Atkins dieters, who are increasingly using their mobile devices as their number one source for information about Atkins while they are on the go, eating out and at the grocery store," said Scott Parker, chief marketing officer of Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. "We are continually looking for new ways to further help our engaged community of dieters by providing them with even more interactive tools and features to enhance their experience."
The new mobile application is available for both iOS and Android on Atkins.com and includes:
- Food Search: Get nutritional information on grocery items, restaurant meals and over 1,600 delicious Atkins recipes and products by scanning in the UPC code or searching by keyword.
- Daily Planner: Take advantage of a recommended daily meal plan or create a customized low-carb meal plan specific to each phase of the Atkins Diet™.
- Progress Tracker: Track net carbs consumed each day to keep up with weight loss goals and have the option to analyze results by day, week or month.
- Dining Out Guide: Search for a restaurant with acceptable menu items in a selected carb range, as well as the ability to search restaurants based on meal type, name and location.
- Phase Overview: Discover acceptable foods in each phase and create a daily meal plan based on a specified carb intake range.
The new mobile application is the latest addition to a portfolio of free, robust web tools for Atkins dieters including a free online community, resource and support center on Atkins.com with meal plans and more than 1,600 recipes, as well as shopping lists for each phase of the plan. Additional information about the Atkins Carb Tracker App can be found on Atkins.com.
About The Atkins Diet
Atkins, the original and leading low-carb weight loss plan, is a long-term, well balanced diet that teaches individuals to find their personal carb tolerance so they can lose weight and maintain their weight loss long term. The Atkins Diet recommends a wide array of vegetables, low glycemic fruits, healthy fats, adequate proteins and also whole grains as one approaches their weight loss goals. Dieters avoid foods high in refined sugars and carbohydrates. Learn more about our rich and satisfying approach by visiting atkins.com.
About Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. is a leader in the $2.4 billion weight control nutrition category, and offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and management. The Atkins Diet focuses on a healthy diet with reduced levels of refined carbohydrates and added sugars and encourages the consumption of protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Backed by research and consumer success stories, this approach allows the body to burn more fat and work more efficiently while helping individuals feel less hungry, more satisfied and more energetic.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., manufactures and sells a variety of nutrition bars and shakes designed around the nutritional principles of the Atkins Diet™. Atkins' four product lines: Advantage®, Day Break™, Endulge™ and Cuisine™ appeal to a broad audience of both men and women who want to achieve their weight management goals and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Atkins products are available online at atkins.com and in more than 30,000 locations throughout the U.S. and internationally.
For more information, visit atkins.com.
SOURCE Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?