|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 09:50 AM EST||
WESTPORT, CT -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- The Connecticut Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA) announced Monday that homeowners would have until January 14, 2013 to participate in the Solarize Westport program. The one month extension will provide additional time for those who were impacted by Superstorm Sandy to complete the signup process and gain access to limited state rebates.
This program provides group pricing discounts on the sale or lease of solar energy installations. As more residents decide to participate, the price for everyone in the community comes down. 24 Westport households have already decided to add solar to their homes at a reduced cost thanks to Solarize Westport, bringing the program to even lower pricing. There is excellent potential to join Durham and Fairfield in reaching the highest possible discount level (tier 5) in the next month.
Many residents, installers, and volunteers working on the Solarize Westport program were especially hard hit by Sandy, suffering damage to their homes with extended periods of time without electricity. In the immediate aftermath of the storm, work on the program came to a halt to allow individuals and families to return to their normal lives. The extension provides additional time for homeowners to work with Encon Solar, the town's chosen installer, to complete the decision-making process.
Homeowners who choose to add clean solar power can expect to see significant energy cost savings. Residents interested in learning more about Solarize Connecticut should visit http://www.solarizect.com/westport or call Encon Solar at (203) 375-5228, extension 4.
PRESS CONTACT INFO:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks