|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Coraid® Inc., a leading developer of Ethernet-based storage solutions with more than 1,700 customers worldwide, today announced that Jackson, DeMarco, Tidus and Peckenpaugh P.C. (JDTP), a law firm based in Orange County, California, selected Coraid EtherDrive® storage to support its VMware virtual server deployment.
Previously, JDTP relied on a legacy storage system to support its virtual server environment. As its storage capacity needs grew, the law firm's IT Manager, Gary Sullenger, realized the current solution was complex and expensive to maintain. He set out to find a modern solution capable of ensuring a flexible and reliable storage area network at a competitive price. After evaluating a range of solutions, Gary implemented a Coraid EtherDrive No-Single-Point-of-Failure (NSPoF) solution synchronously mirroring two EtherDrive SRX storage units.
"We looked at a few other solutions but didn't find any vendor that could come close to competing with what Coraid had to offer with its EtherDrive storage, especially as it relates to improving reliability, bringing down costs, and simplifying set-up, management and scaling," said Sullenger.
Coraid EtherDrive is a distributed storage system that provides enterprises of all sizes with flexible, high-performance storage while eliminating the complexity of traditional SAN solutions. With its scale-out architecture and standard Ethernet connectivity, Coraid EtherDrive delivers lower OPEX while offering Fibre Channel performance at commodity-hardware economics. Its simplicity, superior price-performance and just-in-time scalability make EtherDrive ideally suited to modern virtualized data-center environments.
"Coraid helps make shared storage for virtual servers easier to deploy and grow," said Carl Wright, executive vice president of worldwide sales for Coraid. "No other approach to storage can match the scale and flexibility EtherDrive storage provides. It offers a compelling alternative to traditional legacy storage vendors, especially for virtualization and cloud architectures."
Coraid redefines storage with its breakthrough line of EtherDrive and EtherCloud solutions. Coraid delivers scale-out performance, Ethernet simplicity, and an elastic storage architecture to handle massive data growth. Designed from the ground up for virtualization and cloud architectures, Coraid's platform has been deployed by more than 1,700 customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.coraid.com or follow Coraid on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Coraid or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/Coraid.
Coraid and EtherDrive are registered trademarks of Coraid Inc. EtherCloud, CorOS, Zero Hour Support, EtherFlash, Yunteq, and Scale-Out Virtual Storage are trademarks of Coraid, Inc. All other marks referenced are the property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London