|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Vision Solutions, Inc., the world's leading provider of information availability software and services for the Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud computing markets, has released its "State of Resilience" report for 2012 based on surveys of over 530 IT professionals worldwide representing more than 30 countries. The most important result was that 47% of respondents plan to use a hybrid strategy based on combining storage, software and cloud based technologies to protect their critical IT infrastructures and applications, compared to around 13% each that said they would use one of those technologies alone for their recovery and continuity.
Alongside this, the report findings include an overview of the increasing pressure to deliver 24/7 access and the acceptance of virtualization as a core component of resilience in the IT environment.
- Use of Cloud for Data Protection is increasing. The number of respondents choosing only cloud for their data protection strategy was equal to the number choosing only hardware and only software solutions for future data protection plans.
- Increase in adoption of agile data protection technologies alongside traditional tape option. Although tape still dominates disaster recovery planning overall, there was a slight decrease of 4% on last year's figures when it comes to use of tape technologies. There has been an increase in use of storage-based replication, software or logical replication plus failover, and clustering. The largest percentage increase was in the use of software or logical replication and failover, in comparison to last year.
- Server virtualization has continued to grow with high rates of deployment across all sizes of company demonstrating a maturity and acceptance of virtual servers. 87% of respondents have deployed virtual servers compared to 80% in the 2011 report. The take-up of virtualization remains lowest in the SMB category, yet virtualization has still been deployed by 80% of organizations with 1-10 employees according to the survey.
- Maturity of virtualization further reinforced by high reported use of virtual servers as part of High Availability/Disaster Recovery strategy. Of those respondents that have virtualized, 70% use virtual servers as recovery systems within their High Availability/Disaster Recovery configuration.
- High availability is key to delivering on 24/7 access requirements. The majority of respondents have business directives to enable 24/7 data and application access to users. IT professionals therefore see High Availability solutions as critical to delivering on this business requirement. The need for real-time protection of company data is being driven by this approach.
The fifth annual "State of Resilience" provides analysis of new and existing technologies that IT professionals are employing to protect their critical information and ensure business continuity. This year's report addresses the role that cloud has in data protection strategies, future plans for business continuity and the increasing importance of high availability solutions.
Alan Arnold, Chief Technology Officer, Vision Solutions:
"Against a backdrop of natural disasters that had serious personal and business ramifications, as well as a range of high profile IT failures, the theme of resilience has been in the public eye more than usual. While the majority of companies have a disaster recovery strategy for IT, this year's report emphasizes that for most organizations, a traditional strategy is no longer adequate. Business demand for 24/7 access to data and applications drives the need for high availability and disaster recovery solutions and we expect this trend to continue as globalization and around-the-clock access pervade. As each and every IT transaction becomes critical, the need for real-time protection increases, regardless of the platform on which the application itself is running."
Joint State of Resilience Webinar with IBM Corporation
The findings of the fifth annual State of Resilience Report 2012 will be discussed in a webinar presented by Vision Solutions and IBM. Speakers on the webinar will be Jacqueline Woods, Global Vice President of Systems Software and Growth Solutions at IBM, and Kim Kaminski, Vice President of Marketing at Vision Solutions.
Time: 10:00am USA CST / 3:00pm GMT / 4:00pm EU Standard Time
Date: Tuesday, December 11th
To register and download a copy of the full report visit here
About Vision Solutions
Vision Solutions, Inc. is the world's leading provider of information availability software and services for Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing markets. Vision's trusted Double-Take®, MIMIX® and iTERA high availability and disaster recovery brands support business continuity, satisfy compliance requirements and increase productivity in physical and virtual environments. Affordable and easy-to-use, Vision products are backed by worldwide 24X7 customer support centers and a global partner network that includes IBM, HP, Microsoft, VMware and Dell. Privately held by Thoma Bravo, Vision Solutions is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA with offices worldwide. For more information, visit visionsolutions.com, follow us on Twitter @VSIDTInfo, on other popular social networks or call 1.800.957.4511 (toll-free U.S. and Canada) or 801.799.0300.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?