|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 07:40 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It was like Christmas morning for founder Kenneth Rippetoe when a huge package showed up on One with the Water's (OWTW) doorstep. It included an abundance of fins, snorkels, goggles and swim caps from Speedo, the industry leader in swimwear and swim accessories. These supplies are critical in helping OWTW continue their mission of teaching the fundamental life skill of swimming to everyone regardless of age or ability. This generous donation has allowed OWTW to grant additional swim scholarships and change the lives of hundreds of needy children.
When asked what the donation from Speedo® meant to him, Mr. Rippetoe replied, "It brought tears to my eyes because I knew that it meant that we could help more people get the physical and emotional therapy through swimming that so many of them desperately need. This is a dream come true and we can't wait to surprise our kids with their amazing products. It really is like the holidays coming early for us."
OWTW is excited about ongoing developments with Speedo® and the ability to help use donations to transform the lives of those in need.
ABOUT ONE WITH THE WATER:
One with the Water® (OWTW) is a nationally acclaimed 501 (c)(3) non-profit swim school dedicated to teaching life-changing swimming skills to kids and adults — many of them with disabilities or special needs such as Autism, Asperger's, ADD, ADHD, sensory integration, anxiety, Down and CHARGE syndrome, auditory processing disorders and dyslexia. OWTW also provides lessons to Service-Disabled Veterans and athletes of the U.S. Paralympics and U.S. Special Olympics as well. OWTW has been featured on the Sundance Channel and is a preferred charity for Train 4 Autism. More information can be found at www.onewiththewater.org.
SOURCE One with the Water
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks