|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 05:01 AM EST||
SOUTHPORT, England, December 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Forecasters are predicting considerable snowfall over the next few weeks and this is particularly bad news for gardeners and grounds keepers. Perhaps the main concern for those maintaining lawn areas and gardens is the increased likelihood of disease affecting turf. This is something the team at Turfonline are keen to help people try and avoid.
The particular disease that horticulturalists are concerned by is known as Microdochium patch, or more commonly as Fusarium patch. The disease affects turf and it tends to thrive when conditions are kept moist for long periods of time. Significant snow cover blankets areas of grass creating a moist environment where Fusarium can grow and spread.
This is bad news for grounds staff and members of the public already struggling to tackle the effect of poor weather conditions on their gardens. Grass is particularly hardy and lawns are capable of keeping gardens looking great throughout the winter, but the Fusarium patch disease is a vehicle for serious pathology that wrecks green spaces.
In 2010, gardeners and grounds keepers experienced major disruption because of the Fusarium patch outbreak associated with snow cover over a particularly cold and snowy winter. 2012 looks like ushering in a repeat of those conditions and the team at Turfonline want people to be ready in good time.
Turfonline specialise in growing and supplying turf and they also offer advice on lawn maintenance. Those interested in learning more about the effect of winter conditions on lawns can visit the team at http://www.turfonline.co.uk for expert guidance.
Those who have already been affected by Fusarium patch outbreaks can also speak to the Turfonline team about lawn disease control or to order new turf to replace the areas that have seen the worst of the damage.
SOURCE Turfland Farms Ltd
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher