|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
LONDON, December 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New entertainment application with exclusive content and competitions across Music, Film, Gaming and Sports
- Launching with amazing firsts from Coldplay, Swedish House Mafia and FIFA
Sony Mobile Communications today announced the Beta release of Xperia Lounge - a new Android application available to download from Google Play - that gives users backstage access to a world of Sony entertainment and VIP experiences direct from their smartphone.
Xperia Lounge is a destination for accessing new content from Sony's world-class portfolio of partners and sponsors on a smartphone. It contains a diverse and regularly updated selection of content across music, sports, films and gaming that will appeal to a wide audience and can be activated anywhere across the world. Consumers will be able to enter competitions to win tickets to experiences such as concerts, movie premieres or sporting events. It will also allow consumers to stream live concerts, get exclusive behind the scenes footage for new films, access music and even meet celebrities. In the future users will also be able to personalize the app so that they get access to the content that interests them the most.
Stephan Croix, marketing director at Sony Mobile Communications said,"The Xperia Lounge gives consumers access to unique entertainment experiences which only Sony can deliver. It is part of our wider mission to engage with consumers in a more intimate way by creating immersive experiences on their Xperia smartphone wherever they are."
Xperia Lounge is launching with exclusive content from Coldplay, the chance to win tickets to see Swedish House Mafia on their farewell worldwide tour and later in the year an opportunity to attend FIFA events such as the Confederations Cup and the FIFA Interactive World Cup.
Xperia Lounge is designed for all Android users but only owners of an Xperia smartphone can access all the experiences including VIP and streaming mobile content. Owners of other Android smartphones can download the free app, enter competitions and enjoy experiences provided they register through Sony's channels on Facebook, Google + or Sony Mobile.com.
Xperia Lounge will be available in 11 languages from launch including English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Indonesian with more languages added in the future.
Sony Mobile recently released its new range of One-touch enabled Xperia smartphones, Xperia T, Xperia J and Xperia V.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
About Sony Mobile Communications
Sony Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, a leading global innovator of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. Through its Xperia™ smartphone portfolio, Sony Mobile Communications delivers the best of Sony technology, premium content and services, and easy connectivity to Sony's world of networked entertainment experiences. For more information: http://www.sonymobile.com .
"Sony" and "BRAVIA" are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Corporation. "Xperia" is a trademark of Sony Mobile Communications. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contact: email@example.com & +44-208762-5858
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London