|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
MUNICH and BERLIN, December 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
According to a new study on Internet TV, there are currently 1,424 online-TV services in Germany, with 194 million daily video hits. The number of people accessing videos has increased by 17% compared to 2011. The mobile use of online TV has also increased: Every fifth video hit occurs via mobile devices.
The online-TV market in Germany is consolidating and gains continuing professionalism, with growing marketing opportunities. In this context, 78% of the videos are produced in-house.
In order to make the online-TV market structure more transparent, Berlin strategy consultant Goldmedia was commissioned by BLM (Bavarian Regulatory Authority for Commercial Broadcasting) to produce "Web TV Monitor 2012", based on a survey of primary data research on all German online-TV providers.
The number of video hits has increased significantly. At live sports events, such as the Olympic Games 2012 in London, new viewing records with live-streaming and catch-up TV could be recorded in the web. For VoD, experts predict a stronger growth compared to linear online TV. Furthermore, the average viewing duration for VoD has risen from 9 minutes (2011) to currently 11 minutes, for live-streaming from 25 to 28 minutes.
Meanwhile, every second online-TV provider has a mobile app or an optimised website for mobile devices. Currently, 18% of the video hits are achieved via tablets and smartphones compared to 11% in 2011.
Hybrid TV via home TV, due to the spread of devices, is also gaining significance. The number of total hits of online-TV services via smart or hybrid TV was 5% in 2012, the providers themselves predict a rise to 16% by 2016.
While 72% of all videos of an online-TV channel were seen via the online-TV website itself in 2011, it is only 67% in 2012. This goes along with the increasing importance of social networks, particularly YouTube and Facebook. Altogether, they generated 25% of the total hits in 2012 (status: beginning of October 2012).
Source: Study of Goldmedia/BLM: "Web TV Monitor 2012"
short version for free: http://www.Goldmedia.com
Press contact: Goldmedia GmbH: Katrin Penzel, +49-30-246-266-0, Katrin.Penzel@Goldmedia.de
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks