|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 07:55 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board and Minister responsible for FedNor, today introduced the Supply Bill in the House of Commons. This bill will deliver the $2.5 billion in voted appropriations for the 63 organizations found in the 2012-13 Supplementary Estimates (B) tabled on November 8.
"With the introduction of this Supply Bill, we are ensuring that government organizations will continue providing the programs and services Canadians expect," said Minister Clement.
Once this bill receives Royal Assent, it becomes law in the form of an appropriation act. The Appropriation Act is the vehicle through which payments from the Consolidated Revenue Fund are authorized in order to pay for government programs and services.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) - 613-957-9090
This news release is available at www.tbs-sct.gc.ca.
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada
Acting Press Secretary
Office of the President of the Treasury
Board and Minister responsible for FedNor
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?