|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 04:18 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Attorney General Eric Holder's Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence will present their final report and recommendations on Wednesday, December 12, during the quarterly meeting of the Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (Council). The event will be live-streamed at www.capitolconnection.net/capcon/DOJ/121212/DOJ121212.htm.
As part of Attorney General Holder's Defending Childhood initiative, the task force held four public hearings and engaged experts, community leaders, policy makers, and researchers on strategies to respond to children who experience violence directly or as observers.
The Council, whose membership includes the Cabinet officials and heads of 12 federal agencies and nine practitioners, coordinates federal programs for delinquency prevention, detention or care for unaccompanied juveniles, and missing and exploited children.
WHAT: Discussion and presentation of the final report and recommendations of the Attorney General's Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence
WHO: Attorney General Eric Holder
Joe Torre, Task Force Co-Chair, Major League Baseball Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations and Chairman of the Joe Torre Safe at Home® Foundation
Robert Listenbee, Jr., Task Force Co-Chair, Chief of the Juvenile Unit of the Defender Association of Philadelphia
Members of the Task Force
Members of the Coordinating Council
WHERE: 810 7th Street Northwest
WHEN: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. EST
For more information:
Attorney General's Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence: justice.gov/defendingchildhood/task-force.html
Defending Childhood Initiative: justice.gov/defendingchildhood
Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention: juvenilecouncil.gov/
SOURCE Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher