|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 04:11 PM EST||
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 --
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM)
"What the 2012 Elections Mean To You" -- a Financial Executives Forum (FEF) Networking Breakfast with Former U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
Bethesda, MD 20852
Wednesday, December 12
7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Sen. Tom Daschle, the former Senate Majority Leader who is now senior policy advisor at DLA Piper, will talk about how the 2012 Presidential and Congressional elections will impact the region's life science and technology communities. Topics will include:
- What does the recent election mean to you, your business and this region?
- What's next for issues such as the economy, tax policy, budget, fiscal cliff, healthcare and foreign policy?
- How do the elections and potential spending cuts and tax increases impact innovative companies?
Daschle has participated in the development and debate of almost every major public policy issue of the last three decades. In 1978, he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, where he served for eight years. In 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and was chosen as Senate Democratic Leader in 1994. Daschle is one of the longest serving Senate Democratic leaders in history and the only one to serve twice as both Majority and Minority Leader.
Since leaving the Senate, Daschle has remained an active and learned voice among policymakers on issues like healthcare, climate change, renewable energy policy, financial services reform, telecommunications, international trade and taxes. Daschle is currently a senior policy advisor in DLA Piper's Government Affairs practice and serves as a member of DLA Piper's Global Board.
To register or for more information, please visit the Tech Council of Maryland's website.
ABOUT THE TECH COUNCIL OF MARYLAND, INC.
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM's mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.
Wills & Associates Public Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher