|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 03:13 PM EST||
EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 -- A struggling family is going to have a warm Christmas this year thanks to Edmonton plumbing company, The Plumbing Guys. The Kipfer family is the lucky recipient of a new heating system in their home, the grand prize in the 3rd annual in The Plumbing Guys' "Extreme Heating Makeover Contest".
The contest asks the public to nominate deserving families that need a heating system Edmonton makeover but can't afford to accomplish it themselves. The Kipfer family was nominated by their mother, Mary Kutcher. "Through the last few years they have struggled with their 1970's furnace, and have woken mornings (to find) their home filled with smoke & the furnace shooting out sparks. This young couple deserves a real break. They do their best for their children, and are always helping others," said Kutcher. Chris and Pam Kipfer are a young couple with two children. Chris is undergoing regular treatments for Multiple Sclerosis, while Pam is working 3 jobs to make ends meet.
The Kipfers will receive a new Comfortmaker furnace just in time for Christmas. "Trevor, this is truly an inspirational promotion run by The Plumbing Guys," said winner Chris Kipfer. "In giving back to the local community, you are giving my family way more than a furnace. Words cannot express our gratitude,"
The Kipfer family is not the first to receive this generous prize; this is the 3rd Annual installment of the Extreme Heating Makeover Contest, created by local plumbing and heating company, The Plumbing Guys. The contest is based loosely on the popular Extreme Makeover series in which deserving families receive home makeovers.
The Plumbing Guys specializes in heating and air conditioning in Edmonton and Spruce Grove. As an Edmonton plumbing company, they have as well as plumbing, and has been in operation for over 11 years also serving Stony Plain and Parkland County. Owner Trevor Christman sites the wonderful patronage of families in these communities as the motive behind the giveaway.
The company plans to keep the contest going for many more years to come and also offers frequent discounts such as their pre-Christmas booking promotion where customers can receive a booking incentive such as an iPad 2 or LED HDTV. "We just want to give back to the communities that helped build our company. We wouldn't be here without them," says Christman. The Plumbing Guys can be reached at 780-960-0101.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks