|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 03:10 PM EST||
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CNA today announced the hiring of Pearl Mihara to serve as the not-for-profit research and analysis organization's vice president of Human Resources (HR). Mihara, formerly senior vice president of HR for Engility in Alexandria, VA, will report to CNA Chief Operating Officer Dr. Katherine McGrady.
"I'm so pleased to welcome Pearl to CNA's leadership team," said McGrady. "She has a breadth and depth of human resources experience that will translate well into the not-for-profit CNA world. Her strong collaboration skills and customer-service orientation, coupled with her ability to interpret HR policies and integrate HR strategy with CNA's organizational strategy, are key talents that she brings to the job."
As CNA's vice president of HR, Mihara has leadership and operating management responsibility for all HR and organizational effectiveness affairs, including employment/recruitment, compensation, employee relations, training and development.
At Engility (formerly L-3 MPRI), Mihara provided leadership and direction over a 24-person human resources department supporting a workforce that included 1,000 domestic and 1,200 global employees operating in more than 20 countries.
She brings nearly 30 years of human resources and organizational development experience to the CNA management team. She has been responsible for setting the strategic vision and direction for human resources within major business units of General Dynamics, Alliant Tech Systems (ATK), and Hughes Electronics. In addition to her experience in the defense industry, she has held leadership positions in the telecommunications start-up and NGO sectors.
Mihara earned a bachelor's degree in Organizational Development from the University of San Francisco.
CNA is a not-for-profit company which serves the public interest by providing in-depth analysis and results-oriented solutions to help government leaders choose the best course of action in setting policy and managing operations. CNA: Nobody gets closer — to the people, to the data, to the problem. www.cna.org
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher