|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 03:05 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) has elected Don J. McGrath as its incoming Chairman. McGrath, a member of the Board since 2009, will serve a two-year term commencing on January 1, 2013.
A California resident, McGrath is managing partner of Diamond Bear Partners LLC, an investment
company. He retired from BancWest Corporation in 2010, where he served as chairman and chief
executive officer. McGrath currently sits on the boards of Deluxe Corporation, The Nature Conservancy
of Idaho, Operation HOPE, Inc., the Resources Legacy Fund, the Commonwealth Club of California and Dominican University of California.
McGrath also served on the board of governors of the Pacific Stock Exchange from 2001 to 2006. In 2008, President George W. Bush appointed him to the President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy.
"I'm honored to have the opportunity to lead the NFWF board at this pivotal moment in its history," said McGrath. "With our public and private partners, our organization will continue to seek the most effective solutions to the environmental challenges facing our country. I particularly appreciate the outstanding
efforts of my predecessor as chairman, Carl R. Kuehner, III, to ensure that our nation's natural legacy is protected for future generations."
Established by Congress in 1984, the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation protects and restores the
nation's fish, wildlife, plants and habitats. Working with federal, corporate and individual partners,
NFWF has funded more than 4,000 organizations and committed more than $2.1 billion to conservation projects. Learn more at www.nfwf.org.
SOURCE National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher