|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 12:13 PM EST||
BALTIMORE, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Moodlerooms, Inc. and W.W. Norton & Company Inc. announced today a partnership to deliver W.W. Norton's digital content, homework and assessments for college classes through Moodleroom's Moodle-based platform, Joule. The new combined offering will be sold and marketed by W.W. Norton.
Moodle's open source flexibility and interoperability will allow W.W. Norton to achieve a number of customizations to fit their vision for a robust, combined client offering. W.W. Norton chose to work with Moodlerooms, a premier Moodle partner, because of the company's top quality service and cloud-based delivery model that supports scalability.
W.W. Norton currently publishes a suite of digital learning products in a host of disciplines, as well as its proprietary homework system SmartWork.
"The product vision at Moodlerooms aligns perfectly with our editorial strategy. Their attention to detail and the quality of their execution makes Moodlerooms the perfect partner for us," said Peter Kay, vice president and director of digital strategy at W. W. Norton. "Moodlerooms, in Joule, has made very smart customizations to the open source Moodle platform so it made sense to start there for our next generation learning system."
"We're thrilled to partner with W.W. Norton to enable delivery of their digital content," said Tami Bonnett-Admi, Executive Director of Learning Solutions and Client Development at Moodlerooms. "Because of Moodlerooms's commitment to service, open standards and community development, we can provide a learning platform that grows with W.W. Norton and helps them serve college students in new ways."
Moodlerooms is an education technology company dedicated to bringing excellent online teaching to institutions across the globe. We serve colleges and universities, schools and organizations by supporting the software that educators use to manage and deliver instructional content to learners in virtual classrooms. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD, Moodlerooms is a proud Moodle Partner company that regularly contributes to the development and evolution of the open-source Moodle community. For more information, visit www.moodlerooms.com.
About W.W. Norton & Company
W. W. Norton & Company, the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees, strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to "publish books not for a single season, but for the years" in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, college textbooks, cookbooks, art books and professional books.
SOURCE Moodlerooms; W.W. Norton & Company Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London