|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 11:22 AM EST||
DUBLIN, Ohio, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement can be attributed to George Barrett,
Cardinal Health Chairman and CEO:
"This is a critical time for our nation. While last week's jobs data showed some encouraging signs, it is clear that consumer confidence remains fragile and the looming 'fiscal cliff' poses a serious threat to our economic recovery. We strongly believe that our leaders in Washington must come together to resolve this issue. We recognize that passions are strong and that perspectives vary, but it seems clear that getting our nation back on solid fiscal footing will require compromise on all sides. We believe that any agreement should include increased revenues and serious steps to slow our spending on entitlements – necessary to ensure that our national safety net programs are sustainable for future generations. Now is the time to act. We urge our leaders to rise above political differences and act with speed."
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products to more than 60,000 locations each day. The company is also a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company supports the growing diagnostic industry by supplying medical products to clinical laboratories and operating the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #21 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs more than 30,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at cardinalhealth.com and @CardinalHealth on Twitter.
SOURCE Cardinal Health
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher