|By Business Wire||
|December 10, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
Moovweb today announced the availability of the world’s first experience platform, empowering businesses to go mobile by taking a fundamentally different approach to unifying their Web and mobile development. The platform is the world’s busiest, having served nearly seven billion mobile page views to millions of consumers. Moovweb enables organizations to share more code and business practices across mobile and Web than any other approach, saving companies millions of dollars and speeding delivery of compelling post-PC experiences. The new offering also includes a free SDK that empowers developers with a whole new approach to front-end Web development, making it faster and easier than ever to deliver amazing mobile sites and hybrid apps.
“We are now living in a post-PC age and are seeing a resulting shift in our customers’ online buying behavior and mobile content consumption,” said Amit Shah, vice president of online marketing, mobile and social media for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, a customer of the Moovweb platform. “Moovweb gives us the ability to adapt quickly to new technology and to implement new features across our mobile channels faster than other solutions on the market. We leverage a single set of Web assets which saves us time and allows us to deliver the best possible experience for our customers while at the same time rapidly accelerating our mobile results.”
The Mobile Opportunity
According to the research firm Strategy Analytics, more than one billion smartphones have been sold in the last 16 years, with the next billion expected to be sold in just the next three years. Gartner has predicted that annual sales of mobile tablets are expected to reach nearly 360 million units by 2016.
To keep up with this explosive trend, businesses are faced with daunting technology choices. Some build separate mobile sites that require custom code and special integrations. This approach can be costly and results in mobile experiences that are out of sync with their desktop siblings. Others are rewriting the desktop site using responsive design techniques, but this is time-consuming, creates severe limitations on the mobile user experience, and slows future development.
The Moovweb Platform
With Moovweb, a business’s mobile sites and apps constantly sync with its desktop sites, including all content, features, and other development effort. With this approach, powerful mobile experiences can be delivered in days, not weeks or months. Businesses need to add valuable features quickly to remain competitive. With Moovweb, those features are instantly available to all channels, cutting down on development costs and speeding time-to-market; not only at product launch but for on-going improvements. Innovation is accelerated and customers gain the benefit of consistent interactions across all channels.
“The Web stacks at most companies were not built for the mobile revolution,” said Ajay Kapur, CEO and founder of Moovweb. “Moovweb adds a new layer, an experience platform, to that stack that allows customers to deliver amazing post-PC experiences that constantly improve with a fraction of the effort required by other approaches.”
Moovweb Product Details
Moovweb uses a patent-pending technique called site virtualization that enables a mobile site or app to instantly inherit 100% of the content, features and business logic of a desktop site. Moovweb can virtualize a desktop site in seconds. A front-end developer or designer then uses Moovweb’s free SDK to customize the mobile experience. When ready for testing or deployment, the mobile experience is pushed live to Moovweb’s high-performance, secure, high availability cloud-based infrastructure. Moovweb then syncs content, features and business logic across all Web experiences in real-time. Developers use a Web console to configure and monitor projects, collaborate with each other, learn about the platform and get support.
Moovweb is now commercially available in three editions:
- Moovweb Developer Edition: Moovweb’s advanced tools and platform are free to developers, encouraging innovation and experimentation in a whole new mobile delivery model. The Developer Edition includes access to the SDK and management console; everything developers need to design and build compelling mobile sites and apps.
- Moovweb Small Business Edition: The Small Business Edition is designed for simpler commercial websites and includes support for up to 50,000 mobile page views per month and one customized domain. Pricing for the Small Business Edition starts at $199 per month.
- Moovweb Enterprise Edition: The Enterprise Edition is designed for organizations with complex sites, high availability and high performance requirements. This edition supports PCI compliance; secure transactions through SSL, multiple customized domains, and high performance features like smart caching and a mobile optimized Content Delivery Network (CDN). The Enterprise Edition also includes premium customer support. Pricing is available upon request.
For a detailed product comparison, please visit: http://www.moovweb.com/product/pricing.
For additional information on Moovweb, please visit: http://www.moovweb.com/product/overview.
Moovweb’s vision is to fundamentally transform Web development to create unmatched business agility. Our enterprise-class, cloud-based platform is transformational for businesses that need to innovate faster and drive extreme results through their mobile channels. The platform offers developers, design agencies and systems integrators a set of powerful tools to radically shorten delivery times for compelling mobile sites and hybrid apps. The Moovweb platform powers some of the world’s largest mobile sites and apps, including those for Macy's, 1800FLOWERS.com, Sur la Table, John Deere, Golfsmith, Vitacost, Kroger, Accenture, Cox Communications, Chico’s, Sharpie and dozens of others. Moovweb is headquartered in San Francisco.
Moovweb® is a registered trademark of Moov Corporation. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks