|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 07:20 AM EST||
MORRISTOWN, N.J., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DataMotion (www.datamotion.com), an established cloud-based secure data delivery provider, today announced the next generation of its SecureMail Gateway™, an intelligent monitoring solution that uses policy-based encryption and Exact Matching™ functionality to prevent data leakage and protect sensitive information housed in email messages and file attachments. This automated solution takes email security and compliance out of the hands of employees – minimizing human error, ensuring strict policy enforcement company-wide, and making it easier than ever for organizations to protect important information in transit and adhere to privacy regulations.
"DataMotion's SecureMail Gateway completely transformed our business," said Anthony J. Patti, SVP, CFO and Treasurer, Reading Co-operative Bank. "We now have better communication with our customers and board members, as well as the FDIC and the Federal Reserve. We've experienced increased employee productivity and cost savings, as we no longer have to rely on fax or mail to transmit sensitive data. We're confident that our data delivery is secure, reliable and compliant with industry regulations. And, as an added bonus, DataMotion has tamed the false positive problem, which frees up our IT staff to focus on higher-priority tasks."
Securing sensitive email is required to comply with regulations such as GLBA, HIPAA, HITECH and PCI, and should also be a best practice in risk management for all companies. But, despite legal liabilities and business implications, many companies still do not have secure email measures in place. In fact, a recent DataMotion survey found that 34.5% of respondents do not have the ability to encrypt email, and 28.9% do not monitor the content of outbound email and file attachments for compliance purposes. Regardless of the reason, companies are cutting corners even as data breaches continue to make headlines and regulatory agencies hand out millions of dollars in fines for privacy and security violations.
DataMotion's SecureMail Gateway provides companies with a simple, efficient and cost-effective way to secure email and achieve compliance. The Gateway scans all outbound email and attachments for sensitive content as defined by corporate policies and automatically encrypts all messages that require secure delivery. Adding an extra layer of intelligence to the filtering process, the Gateway uses Exact Matching functionality in addition to traditional pattern matching to better identify and secure email containing sensitive data. Exact Matching compares target email messages against an actual set of dynamically updated data specific to an organization, such as customer account numbers. The specificity of Exact Matching greatly reduces false positives – eliminating the time and effort IT administrators spend investigating them.
"New regulations, stricter data retention policies, and the risks associated with data leakage are all driving the need for secure email and data delivery," said Michael Osterman, president, Osterman Research, Inc. "Encryption is one of the most successful ways to secure sensitive content in email, but many companies still lack this tool today. In order to be adopted widely, encryption services need to be easy to use for both the sender and recipient. Through its SecureMail Gateway, DataMotion has delivered a simple yet effective secure email solution that helps companies protect sensitive data in transit – and it comes at a time when the industry needs it most."
Additional features of DataMotion's SecureMail Gateway include:
- Real-time updates – Exact Matching filters are automatically refreshed with updates to company data contained in external files, ensuring email and attachments are always scanned against the most current information.
- Enhanced outbound mail filtering – The Gateway includes three types of outbound mail filtering, including custom exact data matching rules, industry-specific lexicon rules and regular expression rules.
- Security notifications – Senders may be notified if their messages are routed for secure delivery, helping to educate employees on secure email best practices and reinforce company policies.
- Extensive file attachment scanning – More than 300 different file attachment types can be scanned for sensitive content.
- Extensive message tracking – Messages are monitored, tracked and reported on at every phase of the process, giving IT better visibility into data delivery. Senders also have the ability to request a confirmation when their messages arrive safely.
- SecureContact.me functionality – Companies can provide their customers with the ability to initiate secure inbound messages, demonstrating their commitment to protecting confidential data.
"Companies need to have a multi-pronged approach to data protection, and data in transit cannot be left out of the equation," said Bob Janacek, co-founder and CTO, DataMotion. "Many organizations turn off policy filtering of outbound email because traditional approaches produce too many false positives. SecureMail Gateway solves this problem, providing IT with an easy-to-use, affordable and secure data delivery solution. It provides business value by reducing the time and resources it takes to keep sensitive data secure and compliant. IT has enough to worry about – securing their sensitive email doesn't have to be one of them."
For more information about DataMotion's SecureMail Gateway, please visit http://www.datamotion.com/Products/SecureMailGateway.aspx.
DataMotion enables organizations to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of delivering electronic information to employees, customers and partners in a secure and compliant way. The company's core DataMotion Platform solves a broad range of business issues by providing a secure data delivery hub. The company's easy-to-use solutions for secure email, file transfer, forms processing and customer contact leverage the DataMotion Platform for unified data delivery. Millions of users worldwide rely on DataMotion to transparently improve business processes and reduce costs, while mitigating security and compliance risk. DataMotion is privately held and based in Morristown, N.J.
(973) 455-1245 x510
Davies Murphy Group
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher