|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 05:37 AM EST||
MIAMI, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Jesus Salas is honored to announce that he was chosen to serve as Principal for a Day in the Miami-Dade County school system. A professional in communications, Jesus Salas believes in investing time and energy in children and their education.
"Education is a huge part of the opportunity to excel personally and professionally for kids today," said Jesus Salas. "Investing in education means investing in the economy, and helping the leaders of the future achieve success."
Principal Day gives over 400 business and community leaders the opportunity to see firsthand a day in the life of a Miami-Dade County public school. In conjunction with the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, small business owners, corporate executives and elected officials can translate their ideas and interests into direct resources for schools.
As Principal for a Day, Jesus Salas had the chance to participate in the daily activities of students at the Miami Dade County Public School Juvenile Justice Center. Here, he was greeted warmly by Site Administrator Mr. Steven W. Payne Jr, and then received a whirlwind tour of the school, visiting classes and interacting with students. Jesus Salas provided assistance to students and teachers in the realm of technology, provided motivational exercises, and told the kids about his own work in a question and answer section.
"The students were very attentive in our conversations and interactions," Jesus Salas remarked. "Future goals and dreams are a big part of their lives, and they wanted to know more about how they can achieve those goals. The students were very interested in the entertainment business, in particular, and I answered questions about getting into various aspects of the field, from writing, rapping, singing and acting, to wanting to take business administration classes. It was an excellent experience."
A proponent of excellence in education and community service in general, Jesus Salas valued the learning experience, and hopes to continue his involvement with the school. At the end of the school day, Jesus Salas met with the Superintendent Daryl Borroff Wolf. Superintendent Wolf invited Jesus Salas to join the Advisory committee for the Center, an offer that he was delighted to receive.
SOURCE Jesus Salas
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London