|By Business Wire||
|December 10, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, virtual mobility and enterprise communications solutions, today announced the expansion of its suite of high-performance Bluesocket® Access Points (APs). These new APs allow vWLAN® to be optimized for more applications across enterprise vertical markets and service providers. The portfolio of APs supports new three spatial stream capable devices across indoor and outdoor environments utilizing the latest cloud-based WLAN technology.
The new Bluesocket 1900 series of intelligent access points joins the existing 1800 series to offer simplified, secure deployments with “plug-and-play” capability that requires no manual configuration. A built-in stateful firewall enforces security policies at the edge, ensuring that unwanted traffic never enters the network and authorized traffic is immediately prioritized. The Bluesocket access points are designed to support a wide array of indoor and outdoor deployment scenarios. Able to accommodate different business needs and budgets, the Bluesocket 1900 series access points combine advanced security capabilities with highly reliable operation.
Bluesocket 1900 series access points operate with ADTRAN Bluesocket’s innovative vWLAN solution. Rather than centralizing user control and network management on a physical device, vWLAN redefined Wi-Fi networking by leveraging network virtualization and centralizing control on a virtual machine. By eliminating the physical controller, vWLAN allows an enterprise to operate multiple WLANs as one unified network with private cloud control. For service providers, vWLAN can be operated in a public cloud offering in which the user control and network management is hosted on behalf of an enterprise. ADTRAN’s suite of Bluesocket access points further extends this functionality by offering enterprises higher performance and greater flexibility to support multiple deployment scenarios and budgets.
“ADTRAN is continuously evolving and advancing the Bluesocket platform to deliver first-class wireless solutions for next-generation networks,” said Mads Lillelund, general manager for ADTRAN’s Bluesocket Business Division. “The Bluesocket portfolio of access points will allow users to build a wireless network that optimizes coverage, capacity and throughput, accelerates support for emerging mobile devices and networking trends while at the same time meeting very specific business needs, goals and budget.”
The suite of Bluesocket access points, backed by ADTRAN’s world-class global support, address today’s most common and highest growth Wi-Fi deployment scenarios, including:
- BYOD in the Enterprise: Delivering the capacity and scalability to securely satisfy the influx of personal devices while handling unique building and site characteristics to ensure optimal coverage.
- E-learning in K-12 and Higher Education: Supplying the required performance to satisfy one-to-one rollouts while providing the needed security and policy management to ensure a safe and secure learning environment.
- High Density/Ruggedized Environments: Perfect for high density environments like large convention centers, lobbies, cafeterias and office buildings, the Bluesocket APs are also engineered for outdoor deployments, such as campus coverage, stadiums, playfields and other ruggedized environments.
- Small to Medium Size Enterprises: By eliminating the need for hardware controllers, the most costly component of a Wi-Fi deployment, ADTRAN’s cloud-enabled software-based vWLAN solution and Bluesocket access points can provide a cost-effective wireless deployment for the SMB market. Future growth or expansion can be addressed by simply adding access points.
- Multi-site, Geographically Disbursed Locations: ADTRAN’s software-based vWLAN controller provides centralized cloud-based control and management of any access point in the world. Choose the model of the access point(s) that best addresses the various needs at a specific location.
- Managed Service Providers: Service providers can utilize the APs to generate new revenue streams through cloud-based deployment flexibility including hosted and multi-tenant WLAN service scenarios.
- Mobile Data Offload and Backhaul for Service Providers: ADTRAN’s Bluesocket Mobile Data Offload (MDO) solution enables mobile providers to offload traffic to the Wi-Fi network to achieve improved customer satisfaction and reduces backhaul costs.
For pricing, availability or more information on the Bluesocket suite of access points, contact your local ADTRAN partner or ADTRAN’s Bluesocket Business Group at 1-866-633-3358 (select option #3) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher