|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 04:31 AM EST||
LONDON, December 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- With local prices set to soar during the festive season, record numbers of Brits plan to travel abroad this Christmas.
- Over 4 million Brits travel overseas for celebrations
- With last minute cheap holidays, families across the country are opting for warmer weather and better prices.
The Association of British Travel has estimated a massive 4.25 million Brits will travel abroad this holiday season*. More and more families are swapping Christmas presents for cheap holidays, as they secure cheaper prices and sunnier conditions abroad.
With the countdown to Christmas well and truly under way, the travel experts at Thomas Cook share some of the most popular holiday destinations for the Christmas and New Year period.
In terms of USA holidays Florida always proves a popular choice during the festive season. One of the country's most popular states, the winter months are the perfect time to see the Florida sights with ideal weather and fewer crowds.
With temperatures averaging in the low 20s, December is the ideal month to enjoy water sports, hiking and animal sighting - all activities that this state is famous for. Florida is also home to some of the country's best amusement parks and travelling during the winter months guarantees lower prices and shorter queues.
See the Med for less
With prices set to soar during the Christmas period in the UK, many Brits are expected to treat themselves to a Mediterranean holiday instead of staying put. With many resorts and holiday regions offering discounted rates on package holidays, Mediterranean getaways are proving a popular alternative to ordinary gifts.
An all-inclusive Cyprus holiday or a getaway to sunny Bodrum are hassle free gifts for young couples, older travellers and families alike with plenty of winter sun breaks offering rock bottom prices if you bring the kids.
Christmas on the high seas
If there's one holiday worth getting excited about it's a getaway on a cruise ship. Everyone dreams about a Christmas where all the work is done for you - and that's exactly what passengers get onboard a Christmas cruise.
Not only do guests get to experience turkey and all the trimmings, they do so without ever stepping foot near a kitchen.
So, instead of preparing to unwrap the same boring Christmas present this year, plenty of couples and families are expected to be counting down to a cruise adventure or other winter holiday courtesy of leading travel operators such as Thomas Cook.
Notes to Editors
*Source: Celebrate New Year overseas
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks