|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
HAYDOCK, England, December 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
A leading mobile app developer has predicted the death of paper gas safety certificates following a surge in enquiries from heating and plumbing companies across the UK.
Graham Whistance, founder of MyMobileWorkers, has seen dozens of heating and plumbing companies looking to move away from traditional paper copies of gas safety certificates and turn instead to e-copies of the document.
Graham, who works with a variety of heating companies across the country, said: "The gas safety certificate is an important document which contains vital information to show your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire are working safely.
"When engineers are carrying out these inspections, it's vital that they are recording the information accurately and in a secure place or the consequences could be life-threatening."
This latest version of MyMobileWorkers has been developed by Graham and his team at Merseyside-based software company Momote especially for heating engineers out on the road to record this information on a mobile phone app. The data is fed into a back office system and then a PDF of the certificate can be produced for the customer.
Graham continued: "We live in a world where paper is often not a reliable way of documenting an engineer's job - information can be misread by administrators inputting the information or paper could go missing. App technology is really starting to get recognised by this industry and I foresee a huge demand for this in future."
MyMobileWorkers can also be used by heating engineers to record details of any repairs carried out, customer signatures to show the work has been completed and any other information about where and when the job took place.
Businesses can find out how much MyMobileWorkers could save their team of engineers by logging onto the newly launched money saving calculator here: http://roi.mymobileworkers.com/ or visiting http://www.mymobileworkers.com
Notes to editors:
MyMobileWorkers is the world's first pay-as-you-go mobile workforce management app and is designed for multiple job types in the field service industry including heating, plumbing and electrical, delivery and retail, waste and facilities management.
MyMobileWorkers is available at 25p a job on all PDA applications, Windows Mobile and Android devices.
For more information please visit http://www.mymobileworkers.com or call one of the sales team on +44(0)1942-295-999.
For more information or interview opportunities contact Claire Gallagher +44(0)151-705-3675.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London