|By PR Newswire||
|December 9, 2012 02:50 PM EST||
SAN ANTONIO, Dec. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BiO2 Medical, Inc., a Texas based medical device manufacturer with corporate offices in San Antonio, Texas, and R&D and manufacturing operations in Golden, Colorado, is pleased to announce CE Mark approval for the triple lumen Angel™ Catheter. The Angel™ Catheter is a Nitinol, Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) filter, permanently attached to a central venous catheter (CVC) for the use of preventing Pulmonary Embolism (PE) in critically ill patients. Placed at the patient's bedside without the need for fluoroscopy, the Angel™ Catheter provides instant protection from PE and is the first IVC Filter to receive CE Mark approval for prophylactic indications.
BiO2 Medical will introduce the Angel™ Catheter in the United Kingdom, with an exhibition booth at the UK Intensive Care Society's 'State of the Art' Meeting in London, England from December 10-12, 2012. BiO2 Medical is sponsoring a lunch symposium on Tuesday, December 11th, 2012, at the 'State of the Art' meeting entitled, "Improved PE Prevention in the ITU: Angel™ Catheter-Bedside IVC Filter Prophylaxis." Chairing the symposium will be Dr. Max Jonas, Consultant Anesthetist and Intensivist at Southampton University Hospital in Southampton, UK. Speaking at the lunch symposium will be Dr. Andy Eynon, Director of Major Trauma & Neuro Intensive Care Consultant at Southampton University Hospital in Southampton, UK, and BiO2 Medical's Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Luis Angel, inventor of the Angel™ Catheter and Associate Professor of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas.
According to Christopher E. Banas, BiO2 Medical's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, "This represents an important milestone for BiO2 Medical and the commercialization of the Angel™ Catheter. We are pleased to provide physicians with a technology that offers immediate Pulmonary Embolism protection for ICU patients during the critical unprotected window, while simultaneously allowing for lifesaving fluid and medication administration."
BiO2 Medical is a medical device manufacturer founded to design, develop, and subsequently manufacture a range of medical products in response to clinical needs. For more information regarding BiO2 Medical and the Angel™ Catheter, please visit www.bio2medical.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks