|By Marketwired .||
|December 9, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/09/12 -- Nearly 40 employees at the Staples Business Depot on Leila Avenue in Winnipeg joined UFCW Local 832.
Over 65 per cent of the employees signed up to join the union and the Manitoba Labour Board certified the bargaining unit in November.
The new members of UFCW Local 832 held their first proposal meeting on what they would like to see in their new agreement and dates are being scheduled with the company to start bargaining.
"When a company doesn't respect their workforce, the workers have an option, in this case they stood up for themselves and joined a union," stated UFCW Local 832 President Jeff Traeger.
UFCW Local 832 is Manitoba's largest private sector union, with 15,000 members throughout the province. UFCW Canada is the largest private sector union in the country with over 265,000 members from coast to coast.
UFCW Local 832
Director of Communications
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher