|By Marketwired .||
|December 8, 2012 05:00 PM EST||
BARRIERE, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/08/12 -- Today, Cathy McLeod, Member of Parliament for Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo, on behalf of the Honourable Lynne Yelich, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, announced federal funding for upgrades to the North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo Association's facility under the Harper Government's Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIIF).
"Our Government is continuing to support communities across Canada and I am pleased that we are partnering with the hardworking people at the North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo Association to make these improvements a reality," said MP McLeod. "This project will create jobs, growth and long-term prosperity in our community."
Federal funding of $53,094 will help upgrade the North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo Association facility, including building upgrades, irrigation system extension, and material replacement. The funding will provide an upgraded facility that benefits from new, modern components and materials.
"The North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo Association is excited to be receiving this funding from the federal government," said Jill Hayward, president of the Association, "Our facility is kept busy hosting events all year long. Being able to make the upgrades that are necessary to keep the grounds and buildings in top shape will help us to continue to be a key player in the economy of the community and the Region."
CIIF supports, on a cost-shared basis, repairs and improvements to existing community infrastructure accessible to the public. Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is delivering the Fund in Western Canada with an allocation of $46.2 million over two years.
Since 2006, the Harper Government, through WD, has invested in job-creating, small and medium-sized businesses, aerospace, marine and defence industries, and supported innovative entrepreneurs in pursuing emerging markets. By continuing to promote new economic opportunities, WD is helping to create jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity.
A Stronger West. A Stronger Canada.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Regional Communications Manager
Western Economic Diversification Canada
North Thompson Fall Fair & Rodeo Association
WD Toll-Free Number: 1-888-338-WEST (9378)
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-877-303-3388
WD Website: www.wd-deo.gc.ca
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks