|By PR Newswire||
|December 8, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8: CANDY CANE PARADE
Profile America — Saturday, December 8th. At this time of year, there are dozens of holiday parades all across the nation, especially on weekends. One of those held today will be in Hollywood Beach, Florida. The 57th annual Candy Cane Parade will draw some 30,000 spectators to see the event, featuring 100 floats and marching units on the city's boardwalk. Many of the marchers and those on the floats will be in costume. No telling how many Santa Claus suits will be seen. Across the country, there are 2,700 firms that rent formal wear and costumes and they generate revenue of just over $1billion a year. You can find current data on the country's economy by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 582
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 532220
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher