|By Marketwired .||
|December 7, 2012 04:15 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/12 -- Giant Tiger Stores Limited recognizes the growing need for food bank support and is committed to ensuring that these vital organizations are able to keep their shelves stocked. In October 2012, Giant Tiger raised over $60,000 in food and monetary donations during our Food Bank Campaign. Additionally, donations totalling $45,000 were made today to various food banks across Canada, located in Giant Tiger communities.
As referenced in the recent Guelph University annual Food Price Index (released on December 6), the need for food banks is sadly increasing. While Giant Tiger wishes that food banks were not necessary, where the need continues to exist in our communities we will continue to answer the call.
The final event in the 2012 Food Bank Campaign will culminate in a CTV Morning live broadcast at three of Giant Tiger's Ottawa locations (2480 Walkley Road, 2016 Ogilvie Road and 1861 Robertson Road) on Thursday, December 13, 2012.
A very Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!
About Giant Tiger:
Giant Tiger is the leading Canadian owned family discount store, providing on trend family fashions, groceries, and everyday needs at low prices that Canadians have come to love and expect. Established in 1961 in Ottawa's Byward Market, the privately held company has grown to over 200 locations across Canada and employs over 7,000 team members. The friendly local stores with the iconic yellow tiger logo are more than an affordable and convenient shopping experience for customers, they help bring communities together. Giant Tiger has a long-standing tradition of supporting surrounding communities. In 2011, Giant Tiger donated more than $2 million to more than 700 local associations across Canada. For more information about the company, please visit www.gianttiger.com or join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gianttiger or follow us on Twitter @GTboutique.
Because Every Day is Canada Day with Giant Tiger. #CanadaProud
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher