|By Marketwired .||
|December 7, 2012 03:08 PM EST||
PHOENIX, AZ -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/12 -- The Arizona Lottery is hosting a press conference today, Dec. 7, 2012, at 3 p.m. to announce that the Arizona Powerball jackpot winning ticket has been claimed. The Arizona Powerball jackpot winner has declined participation in the press conference; however, Arizona Lottery executives will provide details about this historic win.
The $587.5 million jackpot is the largest in Powerball history, with a cash option of $384.7 million before taxes.
The record-breaking jackpot will be shared with the Powerball jackpot winners from Missouri, Mark and Cindy Hill, who claimed their prize on Friday, Nov. 30. The Arizona winner has elected to take the cash option and will receive a prize of $192 million, before taxes.
Arizona Lottery executives:
Jeff Hatch-Miller, Executive Director
Karen Bach, Director of Budget, Products & Communications
Friday, Dec. 7 - 3 p.m. MST
Frank Lloyd Wright Ballroom
2400 East Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Best entry is off 24th Street, right into AZ Biltmore Circle. Parking for live trucks and vans is in the NORTH surface lot off AZ Biltmore Circle, adjacent to the parking garage. Entry for cabling off the trucks is at the surface lot. Media arriving in regular cars should park on the first level of the parking garage.
Presentation by Arizona Lottery executives
About the Arizona Lottery
The Arizona Lottery operates entirely from the revenue it generates through the sale of its products; it receives no General Fund dollars from the State. Proceeds from sales of Lottery tickets -- over $3 million per week -- fund a variety of state programs. Since July 1981, the Arizona Lottery has paid out more than $5 billion in prizes to players, over $2.8 billion in net profit to the state and almost $591 million in commissions to retailers.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?