|By PR Newswire||
|December 7, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
SEOUL, South Korea, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA) today announced that the Seoul International Invention Fair 2012, which was held Nov. 29-Dec. 2 in COEX Hall A in the Republic of Korea, was so successful that it has become one of the world's largest international invention fairs.
Despite its short history, Seoul International Invention Fair, which celebrated its 8th anniversary this year, hosted approximately 700 new-generation inventions, new products and technology from 32 different countries including USA, Russia and Taiwan, attracting visitors from all over the world.
The grand prize winner of this year's Seoul International Invention Fair was Min-chi Chung and his five co-inventors from Taiwan who developed an Extraction Device for Different Phases and Polar Ingredients. This invention is used for concentrating essential fat and water-soluble substances. HYUNDAI MOBIS Co., Ltd. won the semi-grand prize by presenting its invention, Car Flap Control System and Its Methods of Control. Installed in the front of the vehicle, this invention not only controls the flap which controls the quantity of air flowing into the radiator but also prevents overheating the engine. Among other semi-grand prize winners were: 9 more inventors and companies including Lee Sang-min (Mini Hand Held Electric Driver Using Decelerator) and Hansung Food Co., Ltd. (Method of Making Low-Sodium Broccoli), etc.
Apart from the exhibition and publicity of inventions, the Seoul International Invention Fair 2012 has also organized the business matchmaking pavilion for domestic and foreign buyers in order to promote business activities. Many well-known global buyers have participated in this year's program such as Korea's major department stores and biggest on-line shopping malls, 'taobao.com' (the largest Internet auction site in the Asia-Pacific), Rakuten (the largest on-line shopping mall in Japan), e-Bay, and Amazon.
This year, the invention fair played a very special role as it was held along with the Korea Invention Patent Exhibition 2012, and 2012 Trademark-Design Right Exhibition. It was a huge international exchange venue where various information about intellectual property such as invention, design and patent were all shared at the same time and place to a greater extent than which has ever occurred anywhere in the world.
For more information:
SOURCE The Korea Invention Promotion Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks