|By PR Newswire||
|December 7, 2012 11:53 AM EST||
UPPER MARLBORO, Md., Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA Federal Credit Union (NASA FCU) announced today its 2013 scholarship program for graduating high school seniors. All graduating high school seniors who are NASA Federal Credit Union primary account holders are eligible to participate in the Mitchell-Beall-Rosen Memorial Scholarship Contest.
Scholarships are awarded based on the evaluation of a written essay and a personal interview conducted by the Scholarship Committee. The contest has awarded nearly $390,000 to more than 150 student members since it began 30 years ago. The scholarships range from $1,000 to a top prize of $7,000. All applications and essays must be postmarked by February 8, 2013.
"We are delighted to support our talented young members in achieving their educational goals," said Frank Penaranda, Chairman of NASA FCU's Scholarship Committee and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors. "Giving back to members through the Mitchell-Beall-Rosen Memorial Scholarship is just one example of NASA FCU's core purpose of empowering people to achieve a brighter financial future."
NASA FCU also offers additional education funding options. The CU Student Choice Loan, with a deferred repayment option, can help fill the college funding gaps left by insufficient savings and federal student aid. Low-rate education loans are also available.
To download a Mitchell-Beall-Rosen Scholarship application, visit nasafcu.com/scholarship. For more information, call 1-888-NASA-FCU (627-2328).
NASA Federal Credit Union has more than 84,000 members worldwide and the strength of over $1 billion in assets. Chartered in 1949 as a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative, NASA Federal is committed to providing its members with a wide choice of financial services that last for a lifetime. From the beginning, NASA Federal Credit Union has embraced what it means to be a credit union – people helping people.
SOURCE NASA Federal Credit Union
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?