|By Marketwired .||
|December 7, 2012 11:43 AM EST||
DULLES, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/12 -- The National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) recently received a 2012 "Companies as Responsible Employers" (CARE) award from Northern Virginia Family Services (NVFS), a nonprofit organization providing care and services for families in need.
The CARE Awards were developed in 1992 by NVFS and area business leaders seeking to foster positive change in the workplaces of Northern Virginia. The awards recognize businesses that provide innovative and supportive family-friendly policies, programs and services. This is the seventh time CFC has been named a CARE Award winner.
"CFC is a nonprofit finance cooperative created and owned by America's electric cooperative network. CFC employees work hard to meet our member-owners' unique needs," CFC Chief Operating Officer John Evans said. "We recently completed and moved into a state-of-the art headquarters building that supports these efforts. The innovative design encourages an open, collaborative work culture for our employees while demonstrating leadership in energy conservation."
CFC has long supported NVFS through CFC's employee-run Adopt-A-Family program, created in 1996 to provide financial assistance to families in need within the local community. CFC employees also select and support a "Charity of the Year" -- currently St. Jude Children's Research Hospital -- and show ongoing support for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
"As a cooperative, CFC is guided by seven core principles, one of which is 'concern for community,'" Evans said. "We are proud to play a role in the good work NVFS does in our community here in Northern Virginia, while also supporting charities that give back to communities nationwide."
The National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) is a nonprofit finance cooperative created and owned by America's electric cooperative network. With approximately $20 billion in assets, CFC is committed to providing unparalleled industry expertise, flexibility and responsiveness to serve the needs of its member-owners. CFC can be found online at www.nrucfc.coop.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London