|By PR Newswire||
|December 7, 2012 10:43 AM EST||
Hit A Capella Group Sings to Raise Awareness and Give the Gift of Life
NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation founder Jay Feinberg announces that The Maccabeats, the hit a capella singing group, will continue their Miracle Match Campaign this year. From just one year's efforts, 25 matches have already being identified for patients in need of lifesaving transplants. This year's video "Shine", an original song, sheds light on the brightness that can come from continuing the campaign this holiday season.
In 2010, the Maccabeats filled the airways and the news channels with their viral hit, "Candlelight," which has since surpassed seven million views. Last year, the group sang "Miracle" and created the Miracle Match campaign in memory of Maccabeats founder Michael Greenberg's beloved mother Judy, who passed away from leukemia, to create miracles for others.
The new video, "Shine", weaves the story of how a simple fundraiser can help support a recruitment drive which ultimately results in a match being identified for a patient. "Chanukah is about miracles and we have to remember that everyone can play a role in making miracles happen," says Michael Greenberg. "Last year's campaign taught us that individual people like us can make a difference through fundraising. We wanted to share this lesson with other people, and especially with kids. What a great message to teach someone at a young age: you can change the world; you can save someone's life."
"We are incredibly honored that the Maccabeats are continuing their campaign with us," says Jay Feinberg. "I was lucky enough to find my miracle match, however there are many other patients still waiting to find theirs."
Mayim Bialik, who stars in the hit series Big Bang Theory will continue to lend her support to the cause. Mayim's support has been unwavering and she proudly served as the emcee at the Partners for Life Gala in May 2012 in NYC.
Watch the "Shine" music video here: http://youtu.be/QfieP6H47lc
About Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation Gift of Life is an internationally recognized bone marrow, blood stem cell, and umbilical cord blood registry. Through its life-saving work, Gift of Life is a world leader helping children and adults suffering from leukemia, lymphoma, other cancers and other genetic disorders find the matches they need when they need them.
SOURCE Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks