|By PR Newswire||
|December 7, 2012 08:20 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Maternity lifestyle expert and founder of Mama Glow, Latham Thomas, is a leader for a new generation of "Sex and The City" types who want to be in touch with their bodies, their babies, and their birth. Her maternity lifestyle brand, based in NYC, is the go-to-resource for hip mamas-to-be and she has proved to be the must-have guru for healthy, happy, glow-worthy pregnancies. Mama Glow is a holistic lifestyle company that inspires women to explore their creative edge through optimal wellness. As seen on Style Network's #1 hit show - Tia and Tamera, Thomas shares her essential tips for healthy pregnancies, serving as Tamera's doula.
Having just launched a book titled with the same name as her successful company, Mama Glow: A Hip Guide to Your Fabulous Abundant Pregnancy (Hay House, November 2012), Latham reveals some of her most important tips for a glowing pregnancy:
1. Get your Green on- It's important to have a healthy, plant-based diet of whole foods with a focus on what I've termed "glow foods", such as green leafy vegetables (kale, collards and mustard greens), for optimal wellness. These foods are loaded with nutrients and promote fetal development. Suffering from nausea? Try and work some lemon and ginger into your diet as well.
2. Get your OM on- I highly recommend yoga or other dynamic movement that will support your joints, muscles and needs of your changing body, and prepare you for labor. The great part about yoga is you can do it anywhere. It helps with circulation and can even firm the skin, not to mention the important benefit of peace of mind!
3. Get your GLOW on- Have personal time to focus on you. That's right, be selfish! Take baths, get a massage, get your hair blown out and your nails done or do a facial at home. Relaxing and decompressing helps to reduce stress. Putting yourself first is one of the most important things you can learn while pregnant. When you learn to mother yourself you can be an amazing mother.
4. Start your day the hydrated way- First thing in the morning, have a wake-up tonic: squeeze the juice from half a lemon into 8 ounces of room-temperature filtered water and drink. If you want to take it a step further, add some liquid chlorophyll to the mix. A well hydrated body will ensure better digestion and a more robust metabolism!
"It wasn't until I was pregnant that I became overly conscious of how much I only wanted to have positive things around me; people, food and energy! I also saw how easy it is to think of birth as a series of decisions that someone else is making for us. But we woman are powerful and almighty and Mama Glow helps show us just how empowered we can be all the way throughout this glorious time in our lives," said Alicia Keys- Grammy award winning recording artist.
Latham's techniques aren't just endorsed by a wide-spread celebrity crowd, they're also backed by some of the most prominent doctors in the field, like Dr. Frank Lipman, Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Neal Barnard and Dr. Christiane Northrup.
Hay House is the international leader in self-help and motivational publishing, featuring books, audios, and sidelines by more than 250 authors. Smiley Books, Visions, and Insights are imprints of Hay House, Inc, which is also the exclusive distributor for Amber Allen Press and Agape Media, Inc.. Hay House has a self–publishing division, Balboa Press, as well as radio, film and television divisions. Corporate offices are in California and New York with international divisions in Australia, the United Kingdom, India, and South Africa. Please visit us as www.hayhouse.com.
Media Contact: Lindsay McGinty
SOURCE Hay House
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher