|By PR Newswire||
|December 7, 2012 04:01 AM EST||
BRIGHTON, England, December 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
A new strategic cooperation has been announced this week between the Excellence in Paediatrics Institute (EiP), an international paediatric association based in Geneva, and the Sidra Medical and Research Center, a new state-of-the-art facility in Qatar funded by a $7.9 billion endowment from the Qatar Foundation.
Commenting on the announcement, made at the EiP's annual conference Chairman of EiP, Professor of Paediatrics Dimitri Christakis, said: "This cooperation will strengthen EiP's ability to deliver advanced Paediatric education where it is needed most, advancing global healthcare for children, especially in emerging markets."
World Health Organisation data shows that children are five-times more likely to reach their fifth birthday if they live in a country with sufficient numbers of qualified paediatricians, doctors, midwives and nurses.
EiP brings together top academics, scientists and clinicians from services and centers of excellence across the globe and EiP's members provide global paediatric education to over 60,000 providers and campaign for healthcare improvements based on the latest scientific research.
The Institute's 5th global conference will be held in Doha, Qatar, from the 4th - 7th December 2013. The Sidra Medical and Research Center will be playing host to over 3000 healthcare professionals from 100 countries.
Currently under construction on the Qatar Foundation's 2500-acre Education City campus in Doha, Sidra's focus will be the health and wellbeing of women and children. Sidra is actively recruiting up to 3,000 clinical and research staff.
Dr Edward Ogata, Chief Medical Officer at Sidra, says:
"EiP is an important forum for those at the frontline of delivering paediatric healthcare, bringing clinicians together with scientists and academics to identify innovations and insights that have the potential to transform care for children all around the world. We are looking forward to working with the Institute and sharing our vision for Sidra with visitors to Qatar."
Sidra's Communications Project Director Khalid Al Mohannadi said, "Today is an important day for Sidra and for Qatar, and for children everywhere in the world. We are delighted to partner with the Excellence in Paediatrics Institute, which shares our vision of better care for children through innovation, training, education and partnership. Through this cooperation, we can contribute to global advances in paediatric care. The countdown to December 4th, 2013, begins now."
- For more information on Sidra Medical and EiP visit http://2012.excellence-in-paediatrics.org/content/facts
- Biographies http://2012.excellence-in-paediatrics.org/content/biographies
Press contact: Martha Robinson, email@example.com, +44(0)1444-811099
SOURCE Excellence in Paediatrics, Sidra Medical & The Qatar Foundation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher