|By Bob Gourley||
|December 8, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
Big Data has been a hot topic throughout 2012. With 2013 fast approaching, we sat down with Terracotta CEO Robin Gilthorpe to get his predictions for the top trends that will drive Big Data activity in the coming year. His top five predictions, explained in detail in this video, are:
- Big Data has to be fast data - Enterprises will profit from Big Data intelligence in proportion to how quickly they can act on it.
- Rise of the hybrid cloud - It’s no longer about building your own platform; it’s more efficient to play in ecosystems.
- CIOs and CMOs get a lot closer - Marketing spend on technology is about to eclipse IT spend on technology.
- The Internet of things crosses the chasm - In just a few years, over 25 billion data-producing devices will be connected.
- Social becomes part of life’s fabric - Remember e-business departments? Social will permeate in the same way.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?